The College of New Jersey Logo

Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     Three Bar Menu

Off Campus Housing Rentals


  • Housing is only available while classes are in session.  Students may not remain in the homes when The College of New Jersey residence halls are closed for breaks.
  • Six to seven students are housed in each of these single-family homes
  • Students may not use any adhesive materials on the walls, doors, or ceilings of the property.  Past experience has proven these items to be destructive to the paint on these surfaces.
  • Homes contain double and/or single bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, and two full bathrooms.
  • Each home contains a washer and dryer, microwave oven, refrigerator, and a range/cook top.  Bedrooms contain a desk and chair, desk lamp, dresser, extra long twin bed, and a wardrobe, if a closet does not exist, for each student. A dining room is supplied with a dining room table and chairs.  Living rooms contain a sofa, chairs, coffee table, wall unit, and table lamps.  Specific furniture pieces will vary, from home to home, pending the size and arrangement allowable in each individual residence.
  • A vacuum cleaner, mop, toilet brush, dust pan, and broom will be supplied so that students may keep the properties neat and clean.
  • Students must provide their own linens, kitchen utensils, small appliances, cleaning solvents, and personal items.


The Ewing Police department and TCNJ Campus Police department work together to ensure the safety of our students in the off-campus student houses.  Should a true emergency arise at one of the houses, residents are instructed to call 911.  This will connect to the Ewing Police Emergency Unit.  For non-emergency situations, we ask that you contact our Campus Police department at (609) 771-2167.

  • All exterior doors and individual bedroom doors are provided with locks.
  • Room keys will open the exterior doors and one bedroom door.  A lost key will result in an expensive lock change since several locks will require replacement, as well as the replacement of all housemate keys.  Lost keys seriously jeopardize the safety of all residents.  Please report lost or stolen keys to the Trenton State College Corporation immediately for lock changes.
  • For students who lock themselves out of their rooms or homes, a spare key may be signed out from New  Residence on campus.   They can be contacted at (609) 637-5565.
  • All homes are provided with alarm systems.


Please contact Residential Education & Housing at (609) 771-3455 to find out the parking arrangements for each individual house.

All off-campus housing students must purchase commuter parking permits.  Please contact The Office of Student Accounts at (609) 771-2172 for parking decal information of visit their website.

We understand residents occasionally have visitors to their residence, however we ask you to have them park either on campus or on a side street in consideration of your fellow residents.  Parking lots only hold one car per resident.  Walkways are provided to campus.


Student mail should be addressed to the student at the appropriate street address, Ewing, NJ 08618, not to The College of New Jersey.

Room Changes

  • Requests for room changes must be facilitated by The Office of Residential and Community Affairs.
  • Occupants of the transfer housing program are not eligible to participate in on-campus room changes.


  • Gas/oil heat and electricity are included in the housing cost.
  • All residents are responsible for contacting Verizon to set up a phone line in their individual rooms.  Jacks are provided in each room.
  • Cable television is provided in all students rooms through Comcast Cablevision.
  • All bedrooms are equipped with Internet capabilities.  The Information Technology Department can assist you with configuring your computer to access the campus IT system.
  • Contact the help desk at (609) 771-2660 with internet and cable questions.


The Trenton State College Corporation provides routine and emergency maintenance services to house residents.

  • For emergencies after office hours (weekends and evenings) follow instructions listed on the emergency call list provided at registration or on the web site.
  • Routine repairs or maintenance requests may be filed by calling the Trenton State College Corporation office at (609) 771-3312 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.  After hours, you may leave a voicemail message, email your request to, or file an online maintenance request.
  • Students will be billed individually for damages in rooms and collectively for damages to common areas upon move-out.  This includes damages due to neglect and those not reported to the TSCC.  Students are assessed charges for damages that were not present at the time of check-in.  Damage costs are automatically added to the student’s account which is administered by TCNJ.  Failure to pay damage bills results in blocked registration, transcripts, grades, and housing consequences. All questions regarding damage charges should be directed to The Office of Residential and Community Development.